Generic Name: Butalbital
Brand Name: Fioricet (with acetaminophen), Fiorinal (with aspirin)
What is Butalbital?
Butalbital is a barbiturate that often comes in combination with acetaminophen or aspirin. The Food and Drug Administration approves Butalbital in combination with codeine for the medical uses. Butalbital has a similar chemical formula like talbutal but has a different structure.
Buy Butalbital online in the following combinations:
- Butalbital and acetaminophen- Bucet, Bupap, Forte, and other
- Butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine- Fioricet, Esgic, and other
- Butalbital and aspirin- Axotal and other
- Butalbital, aspirin, and caffeine- Fiorinal, Fiortal, Fortabs, and other
- Butalbital, acetaminophen, caffeine, and codeine phosphate- Fioricet #3 with codeine
- Butalbital, aspirin, caffeine, and codeine phosphate- Fiorinal #3 with codeine
Uses of Butalbital :
Butalbital is useful in the treatment of pain and headaches. The medication is generally not prescribed as a single ingredient medicine. However, its combination with acetaminophen or aspirin is widely useful as a headache medicine in the United States. The Food and Drug Administration of America approves the combination of Butalbital and codeine for the treatment of tension headaches. Butalbital and aspirin can help treat vascular headaches and also certain pain conditions.
Precautions of Butalbital
Follow the following precautions after you buy Butalbital online and also read the guidelines provided along with the medication to know about all the associated warnings and cautions:
- Butalbital can cause allergic reactions. Do not take this medication without a health care provider’s prescription if you are allergic to Butalbital or any of the inactive ingredients of the medicine. For a complete list of all the inactive ingredients, read the label given with the medication.
- Butalbital overdose can be fatal, especially for children. Keep the medicine out of reach of children. In case of an overdose or accidental dose, seek medical help or contact a Poison Control Centre.
- No clinical trials or research establish its effects of abuse or misuse. However, it not advisable to abuse the medication in any case as it can have adverse reactions.
- The medication is for short-term use. Avoid using Butalbital for the long term. Periodically assess the safety and effectiveness of the medicine if using for a long duration.
- Use Butalbital with caution in case of pregnancy if its benefits outweigh the risks associated with it.
- Animal studies show the risk of using Butalbital during pregnancy and lactation. However, no human studies got conducted on the safety of the medication during pregnancy and lactation.
- Butalbital gets excreted in human milk; therefore, it is advisable to consult a doctor before using Butalbital if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed.
Side Effects of butalbital
The common side effects of Butalbital include:
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Feelings of intoxication
Less common but severe Butalbital side effects include:
- Feeling shaky
- Fast heart rate
- High energy
- Hot spells
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Increased urination allergic reactions
Butalbital is not a suggested first-line treatment for headache because it impairs alertness, brings a risk of dependence and addiction, and increases the likelihood that episodic headaches will become chronic. When all other treatments fail, not enough or are unavailable, butalbital may be appropriate for treating headaches if a health care provider monitors the patient to prevent the development of chronic headaches.
There are specific treatments that are appropriate for targeting migraines and headaches, which are preferable to butalbital when available as an option. It is the least preferred option to be used if other available treatments fail.