Generic Name: Carisoprodol
Brand Name: Soma
Soma (carisoprodol) is a muscle relaxer that relieves pain sensations between the nerves and the mind.
Soma is utilized together with rest and active recuperation to treat skeletal muscle conditions, for example, torment or injury.
Use soma just for brief periods (up to a little while) in light of the fact that there is no proof of its viability in long term use, and most skeletal muscle pains are by and large of the brief span.
Uses of Soma
Carisoprodol is useful to treat muscle pain, uneasiness, discomfort, and injury. It is generally more useful alongside rest, exercise-based recuperation, and different medications. It works by assisting with loosening up the muscles.
Take soma by mouth with or without water and food as coordinated by your primary care physician. Try not to build your dosages by yourself or use this medication more frequently or for longer than prescribed by your primary health care provider. Your condition won’t improve any quicker, and your danger of reactions will increment.
The dose depends on your pain conditions and reaction to treatment. Use this medication for 3 weeks or less, except if your primary care physician tells you to take it for longer.
In the event that you unexpectedly quit using this drug, you may have withdrawal manifestations (for example, stomach cramps, inconvenience resting, migraine, queasiness). To help forestall withdrawal, your primary health care physician may bring down your doses gradually. Withdrawal is more likely on the off chance that you have used carisoprodol for quite a while or in higher dosages. Tell your primary health care physician immediately in the event that you have withdrawal symptoms.
Despite the fact that it helps numerous individuals, this medicine may now and again cause dependence. This hazard might be much higher if you have a substance abuse disorder (for example, abuse of or dependence on substances like drugs or alcohol). Take this medicine precisely as prescribed to bring down the danger of dependence and abuse. Approach your primary health care physician or drug specialist for more subtleties.
Tell your primary health care physician if your condition endures following 2 to 3 weeks or on the off chance that it declines.
Dosages of Soma
General soma dosage for skeletal muscle pain is:
Starting dose: 250 mg to 350 mg two to three times per day
Dosage increase: A health care provider may increase the dosage according to the needs and response of patient
Duration: soma use should not exceed two to three weeks
Note: Take the medicine at the intervals of four to six hours throughout the day and bedtime. Do not use soma for more than three weeks as there is no research establishing its safety for a longer duration.
Read the following precaution before you buy soma online:
- Before taking soma, tell your primary care physician or drug specialist if you are sensitive to it; or to meprobamate, tybamate, or mebutamate, or on the off chance that you have some other hypersensitivities. Soma may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause hypersensitive reactions or responses or other different issues. Consult with your drug specialist for more subtleties.
- Before utilizing this prescription, tell your drug specialist your clinical history, particularly of: a specific blood issue (intense discontinuous porphyria), kidney illness, liver sickness, seizure, individual or family history of a substance abuse issue, (for example, abuse of or dependence on drugs/alcohol).
- This medication may make you bleary-eyed or sleepy. Alcohol or cannabis can make you increasingly bleary-eyed or tired. Try not to drive, use heavy machines, or do whatever needs sharpness or alertness until you can do it securely. Stay away from mixed drinks. Consult with your doctor if you are utilizing cannabis or alcohol.
- Before having any medical or dental procedures, inform your primary care physician or dental specialist concerning all the products you use (counting professionally prescribed medications, nonprescription medications, homegrown items, and herbs).
- More seasoned grown-ups might be increasingly sensitive to the adverse effects of this medication, mainly tiredness or dizziness. These symptoms can increase the danger of falling.
- During pregnancy, use this prescription-only when obviously required. Talk about the dangers and advantages of your primary care physician.
- This drug goes into human milk and may effects affect a nursing newborn child. Counsel your primary health care physician before breastfeeding.
The most frequently occurring side effects of soma include:
Other soma side effects include:
- Depressive reactions