What is Fioricet 40mg?
The generic name of Fioricet 40 mg is acetaminophen -Butalbital – caffeine. This medicine is used to treat the problem of tension headaches. It decreases the pain of the headache. Caffeine increases the effects of acetaminophen. Butalbital is a sedative composition which helps in reducing the anxiety and calms and relaxes the brain.
How to take or use Fioricet 40 mg?
- Consume this medicine by mouth.
- You can consume this medicine with or without food as directed by your doctor.
- The difference of four hours between the dosages is necessary.
- Do not wait for severe headache; take this medicine when you feel a headache or when the headache is typical because if the headache becomes acute, then maybe the medicine will take time to reduce the headache.
- Do not suddenly stop the consumption of this medicine because you may feel some withdrawal symptoms like nausea, headache, vomiting, fever, and heavy breathing, etc.
- To reduce the risk of the withdrawal symptoms, your doctor will slowly and gradually reduce the dosage of the medicine.
- Although it is a beneficial medicine some time it cause addiction; to avoid this situation, take medication as per the prescription.
- Read the guidelines of the medicine carefully.
What are the side effects of Fioricet 40mg?
Following are the side effects of the Fioricet 40mg-:
- stomach pain
- tarry stools
- bleeding gums
- loosening of the skin
- blood in the urine
- blurred vision
- change in the frequency of urination
- difficulty with breathing
- difficulty with swallowing
- dry mouth
- irregular heartbeat
- fast pulse
- dry skin
- fruit-like breath odor
- skin rash
- increased hunger
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- joint or muscle pain
- loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- swelling of the eyelids
- red skin lesions
- red, irritated eyes
- shakiness in the legs
- sore throat
- white spots in the mouth
- swelling of the feet
- tightness in the chest
- shaking of the hands or feet
- troubled breathing
- unexplained weight loss
- unusual bleeding
- unusual tiredness
this is not the complete list of the side effects. You may feel other side effects too. Call your doctor for medical attention in case if you feel any side effects of the medicine.
Your doctor will tell you the ways to reduce the risk of the side effects.
What are the symptoms of an overdose of the Fioricet 40mg?
Symptoms of overdose are-:
- dark urine
- difficult or painful urination
- the general feeling of discomfort
- holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by the fact
- increased sweating
- shallow breathing
- light-colored stools
- loss of appetite
- pale or blue lips
- the sudden decrease in the amount of urine
- trouble sleeping
- unpleasant breath odor
- unusual excitement
- vomiting of blood
- yellow eyes
- yellow skin
to avoid the situation of an overdose of this medicine takes medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Get in touch with your doctor for medical help in case you observe ant symptoms of overdose.
What are the precautions of Fioricet 40mg?
- Go through the warning section of the medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you have any allergy from acetaminophen, caffeine, or butalbital.
- This medicine contains various inactive ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history like a heart-related problem, blood pressure problem, mood swings, depression, etc.
- This medicine may make you feel sleepy, so avoid doing the work which requires focus or attention like driving, etc.
- Do not take this medicine with alcohol or any other alcohol product.
- Do not consume this medicine if you are pregnant.
- Store this medicine in a safe place.