What is tramadol 50mg?
The common brand name of tramadol is 50mg. Doctors prescribe this medicine for the treatment of pain (usual to severe). It is similar to opioid narcotic analgesics. It works by changing the behaviour and response of the brain towards the pain.
How to use tramadol 50mg?
- Go through the medication guide provided by your doctor.
- Ask your doctor if you have queries regarding the dosage of the medicine.
- Consume this medicine by mouth as instructed by your doctor.
- Consume this medicine with or without food as directed by your doctor.
- In case if you have nausea, then take this medicine with food.
- The dosage of Tramadol 50mg depends upon your age, gender, and response towards the treatment.
- Your doctor will start your treatment with the initial dosage then gradually increase the dose after seeing the response.
- Do not increase the amount of dosage without the consultation of your doctor.
- The medicine works best if you take this medicine at the starting of pain.
- If you use this medicine for a more extended period, then it may not work effectively, consult your doctor if the drug stops working correctly.
What are the side effects of tramadol 50mg?
Side effects of tramadol 50mg are-
- Pain in the arms
- Pain in the lower back
- Discomfort in the arms
- Pains in the stomach
- Bluish-coloured feet
- Swelling and itching of the skin
- Stomach fullness
- Swelling of the hands and other body parts
- Trembling and shaking of the hands
- trouble performing routine tasks
- weak or absent pulses in the legs
- yellow eyes
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Tramadol 50mg.
There are some side effects that do not need medical attention like-
- Dry mouth
- Muscle aches
- Runny nose
- Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- Sore throat
- Stomach pain
- Stuffy nose
These side effects go away with the treatment. Your doctor or health consultant may tell you the methods to decrease or prevent the chance of side effects.
What if a person overdoses the tramadol 50mg?
Call the doctor for medical help if a person overdoses on this medicine. The overdose of Tramadol may cause addiction or death of a person, especially in the case of a child or old citizen.
Symptoms of overdose of tramadol 50mg are-
- Change in consciousness
- Decreased awareness or responsiveness
- Difficulty with breathing
- Lack of muscle tone
- Loss of consciousness
- Pinpointed pupils of the eyes
- Severe sleepiness
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Unusual tiredness
What are the precautions of using tramadol 50mg?
- Read the warning section of the medicine.
- Before starting the treatment, tell your doctor if you have an allergy to tramadol or its composition.
- Tell your health consultant about your medical histories like brain disorders, mental illness, liver disease, kidney disease, asthma, sleeping problem, constipation, diarrhoea, tumour, suicidal thoughts, and overuse of alcohol.
- This medicine makes you feel sleepy and tired, so avoid driving, operating machinery, or anything else which requires focus and attention.
- There is a chance of a higher risk of side effects of tramadol in several children and old citizens like extreme sleep, shallow breathing, etc.
- While pregnancy does not take this medicine because it may cause a problem to an unborn baby.
- Do not consume this pill with alcohol or any other alcoholic substance.