Different Types Of Xanax Bars
What is Xanax?
Xanax is a benzodiazepine that contains alprazolam. It is one of the most common psychiatric medications used in the United States of America. It is an oral medication available in both generic and trade name forms.
The United States government patented Xanax in 1971 and approved it for medical use in the year 1981. It is a schedule-IV controlled substance and also has a potential for abuse.
What does Xanax do?
Xanax is a medicine that helps treat different types of anxiety disorders, namely generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder and short-term symptoms of anxiety-like insomnia and depression.
The label of FDA advises that health care experts should periodically reassess the effectiveness and usefulness of the medication for each patient.
Xanax effects typically start within half an hour and last for four to six hours. It works in the brain to bind to the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) type-A receptors, which causes relief from the symptoms of anxiety and calms the brain.
In what strengths is Xanax available?
Xanax is available in different strengths of alprazolam in the immediate release and extended-release formulations:
The immediate-release Xanax comes in:
- Xanax 0.25 mg tablets
- Xanax 0.50 mg tablets
- Xanax 1 mg tablets
- Xanax 2 mg tablets
The extended-release Xanax comes in:
- Xanax 0.50 mg pills
- Xanax 1 mg pills
- Xanax 2 mg pills
- Xanax 3 mg pills
What are the different types of Xanax?
Xanax is available in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. The primary category on which Xanax is classified is their colors. On the basis of color, the different types of Xanax include:
- Green Xanax: the green color of Xanax comes in the highest strength of alprazolam in both immediate-release and extended-release formulations. Many pharmaceutical companies manufacture green Xanax. It comes in the strengths of 2 mg and 3 mg in oval, elliptical, round, and triangle shapes. Green Xanax is famous on the streets with the names of monster Xanax and hulk Xanax.
- Yellow Xanax: the yellow color Xanax bars are the most popular forms of the medication. It comes in different strengths of 0.25 mg, 0.50 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg of alprazolam in the round, oval, elliptical, rectangular, and triangular shapes. Yellow Xanax is famous on the streets with the school bus, yellow bus, and others.
- White Xanax: white color is the most widely used color for medications. White Xanax tablets do not contain any added colors. All strengths of Xanax bars, including 0.25 mg, 0.50 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg comes in white colors in the shape of rectangle, round, oval, and elliptical. The street names of white Xanax include planks, bicycle parts, xannies, and others
- Blue Xanax: blue Xanax is a less known medication. It comes in the strength of 2 mg of alprazolam in the immediate release formulation. Blue Xanax is the shape of a bar or rectangle and has the street name blue plank.
- Pink Xanax: pink Xanax is a smaller dose of Xanax. Doctors usually prescribe pink Xanax to the patients of generalized anxiety disorder as they need a low dose of alprazolam every 4-6 hours. It comes in the strength of 0.50 mg in oval, elliptical, or round shapes. The street names of pink Xanax include pink xannies and school girls.
- Peach or orange Xanax: peach or orange Xanax is also a lower dose of alprazolam. It treats the short term symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder. It comes in the strength of 0.50 mg in round, oval, or elliptical shapes. The street names of orange or peach Xanax include orange bars, orangies, and others.